Our non-profit center is guided by a volunteer board of directors. Our board is composed of current parents, past parents, and members of the community. Like our staff, they have diverse and varied backgrounds in business and education and share a common interest in carrying out the vision of Fruit & Flower. They are not involved in the daily management of the center, and appoint an executive director to implement operational tasks. They are responsible for making policy, assuring funding and fiduciary responsibility, public relations, and stewarding the mission and vision of the center. Our board of directors is comprised of both Fruit & Flower parents and independent community leaders.
- President Amanda Harvey - Vista Capital Partners
- Vice President Scott Fournier - Consulting
- Secretary Jenny Turner - Lovejoy Realtors/Turner Team Inc.
- Treasurer Aaron Hillman - Skyline Financial
- Leela Wilson - Evanta
- Slaten Bickford - Small residential real estate developer
- Shannon Berg - Berg Associates NW
- Linzie VanWieringen - Institute for Analytics
- Olivia Kirrer - Independent Contractor
- Vanessa Peterson - Legacy Sleep Clinic
- Sieu Inac - Inclusive Childcare Program
If you wish to contact the Board of Directors, you can mail a letters to this address:
Fruit & Flower Board of Directors
Attn: Board of Directors President
2378 NW Irving Street
Portland, OR 97210
Serving on the Board
Our volunteer Board of Directors always needs fresh ideas and new members. If you, or someone you know, wants to give back to the community and has an interest in the welfare of young children, please talk to the Executive Director. Serving on the Board requires both a time and financial commitment.
Serving on Committees
You might also be interested in serving on a committee of our board of directors. The following are standing committees:
- Development Committee
- The Development Committee oversees, advises and assists staff in organization and implementation of all fundraising events, including but not limited to annual auction and annual drive. The committee oversees the implementation of all capital fundraising activities, including grant proposals. It also assists with annual appeals and community outreach.
- Facilities Committee
- The Facilities Committee assists in research and recommendations to staff regarding building and facility maintenance, and develops ideas for improving and updating the building and facilities.
- Finance Committee
- The Financial Committee manages any endowment funds to support the mission of Fruit & Flower to plan the future financial needs of Fruit & Flower, reviews the financial condition of the organization, and evaluates the details of the budget and recommend any changed strategies or actions necessary to maintain fiscal fortitude.
- Risk Management Committee
- The Risk Management Committee reviews the insurance polices for safety, risk, and legal liability issues, and compliance. The committee makes recommendations to the Fruit & Flower Board of Directors regarding insurance coverage, limits, and contracts.